Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Mother's Day

As a mother to a baby in Heaven and to two step boys I am thankful! On Mother's Day this year I went to a new church and as I walked in I was nervous and shy all together. As I was walking into the building I wanted to make sure that I was going into the right door so I asked this really nice girl around my age which door was the entrance. She was holding a little boys hand and told me "right thru here you can follow me." I didn't get her name and I just kept going straight. I was stopped at the entrance of the sanctuary by two young teenage girls that were handing out cards. Then I was given a bulletin. As I looked around I felt the Lord's presence. I sat down in the back area and looked thru the bulletin (how I miss my Parkside Family) I was a little early and so people were just coming in and introducing themselves. I opened the card and just started to cry. It said "Happy Mother's Day" on the front and it was handmade. I am SO into making cards, etc... that I was amazed. I opened it and there was such a beauiful saying inside. The Praise and Worship Team started and the song was "Praise you when Im grieving, praise you when im laughing..." I raised my hands to Him and just praised Him for everything. It was beautiful. At the end of the sermon there was an altar call and I went ahead and went up. As I stood there my pastor came up to me first and asked what I needed prayer for. I told her I had a miscarriage in March and I needed prayed and healing. She started to pray over me and called on another person to come pray with me that had gone thru the same exact thing. Since I was crying I couldn't really see who was praying for me. As I cleared my eyes it was "the girl that I asked where the door was to the entrance" after she prayed she hugged me and I said to her "I know why you opened that door for me" she cried with me and we exchanged numbers. Thank you Lord for Rachel. When I turned around to go back to my seat there was this mentally retarted child of God with his arms stretched out to give me a hug. As I pulled away from the hug he had tears in his eyes. I felt as if my angel in Heaven was hugging me. It was amazing. That was truly a beginning of HOPE!

No comments: