Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The frame

The end of December I started having symptoms of pregnancy!!! I of course thought it was just PMS but I went ahead and took about 5 pregnancy test from Walmart and all came out negative. So I just thought maybe it was just PMS. I kept taking test and they were still negative. I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond with my mom the 14th of January and while I was in the frame section I came across a frame with Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" on it and just glanced at it and moved on. In my mind I just thought and pondered the verse and said to myself "once I get home I will look that verse up in my Bible." We then went to a cute store that had all types of decorations, candles, frames, etc... The environment was so nice and Christian-like with a Hymn CD playing in the background. I felt at peace and felt so much joy that I just couldn't figure it out. My mom bought me a cute wall hanging decoration that says "Miracles do Happen just Believe" because of me desiring a baby. I felt so much HOPE I can't explain. Later on that day when we went home my mom, husband, and I were in the kitchen munching and talking and the thought of that verse came to mind. I stood there and my mouth just dropped. My mom and husband kept asking me "what?" I said "wow I can't believe it, there was a frame in Bed, Bath & Beyond that had this verse and look what I had written next to it back in Nov of 2007" as I looked at it I knew the Lord was trying to tell me something. The lil note I jotted down said "Lord I know that I need to have faith and hope for what I can not see which is a baby." They looked at me and just had a smile. I was so excited for what was to come (and still am).

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I like this entry. God is totally like that, speaking to us in subtle ways, each time repeating Himself a little louder until we finally get the message!