Saturday, September 20, 2008

The awful pills no one tells you about...

My 2 cousins, grandma and aunt finally had made it from a day drive from Minnesota for the Easter weekend and at that time I felt a little better. I hadn't yet taken those pills to start just because I was scared. I sat and talked with my family and communicated with my mom while she was driving to my house. I came upstairs and thought and prayed and asked the Lord to help me and to take care of me thru out the process of what was to come. At around 8p.m. I called a dear friend of mine from NY that was such an inspiration to me and I asked her if she would pray with me over the phone before I took the pills. I told her I was scared because of the awful symptoms it came with. As I sat in my closet with my Bible and on the phone with Margie I had the pills in my hand and took them after I said Amen. (Thank you Margie) After that I told my cousin that we needed to go get some BIG pads because I didn't have any. So we went to Walmart and shopped a little until I started cramping. The pills weren't to take effect till 10 - 12 hrs later... When we got home I tried to sleep but the back contractions where terrible. I was shaking and it was hard to lay on my back. With everything going on I didn't know what was going to happen in the next few hours. I was still waiting on my mom, aunt and grandma that were traveling from Texas. I was counting the hours till I started the "process of a miscarriage." At around 4 a.m. I just couldn't take it anymore. I got up and went downstairs and sat on the couch waiting for my mom, aunt and grandma to arrive. Around 4:30 a.m. they arrived and we sat in the living room and talked for awhile and cried. At around 5 a.m. I felt the "start" of the day. I got up and told my mom I think this is it. She went to the restroom with me and was with me the whole time. As I tried to lay down and rest I ended up taking a Vicodin since I was contracting. About 15 minutes later I had to go to the restroom again and all of the sudden I felt shaky and all I remember was telling my mom "I don't feel good" after that everything was black. All the sudden I felt water on my face and neck. I heard my Titi Evelyn in the background telling me to get up. She later on stated that I was sitting on the toilet with my head under the sink and my legs sticking out to the side. I was laid on the floor and thats when the EMT's came and started asking my name and how old I was. All i remember was a slight view of everyone around me. I remember my cousin Yamira sitting next to me holding my hand as the EMT started to check my pulse, etc. I cried to Yamira and told her "I want my baby." The were able to lift me up and walk me to a stretcher. As I passed my husband I glanced at such a sad face. That is a glance I will never in my life forget. As they rushed me to the ER I lay there while the EMT was talking to me. I can remember talking like crazy. LOL I bet the EMT thought I was crazy. They drew blood and started up some IV's. I was so weak from loosing so much blood. When I arrived to the ER they were so fast at taking care of me. The Lord blessed me with an awesome nurse. I didn't have on my contacts OR glasses and since I can't hardly see with out either of them all I can say was this nurse came from Heaven! She was so kind and polite I couldn't of asked for a nicer nurse. As she cleaned me up while we waited for the doctor to exam me she told me about 13 miscarriages that she had and how she was blessed with a little girl after all the heartache. What hope!!! Thank you Lord for blessing me with her. After the doctor came in to exam me he had my OB/GYN dr from L&D come and do an ultrasound to make sure I miscarried my little angel. I know I did at home! I am sure of that. She said that it appeared that I still had some remainings so she would have to do an Emergency D&C. I went ahead with it cause if not I could of hemmoraged. They took me to the operating room and I can remember then putting the sleepy stuff in my IV and drinking an awful cup of something that would help my tummy if it got upset during and after the surgery. I remember asking the nurse if she could have my husband come back so that I can tell him "I love him" and by the time I knew it I was waking up to him and the nurses. LOL I didn't have a chance to tell him I loved him but Im sure in his heart he knew (tear tear). He was such a champ and still is! Other than my Lord & Savior being my ROCK my husband is my another ROCK as well. Thank you Lord for blessing me with an awesome nurse, dr, husband and family!!! I am so so thankful to my Lord & Savior for having my mom arrive just at the RIGHT time. 30 minutes later when it all started I was able to hold my mothers hand all thru it. Your so amazing to me MOM. Thank you to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with a wonderful family!


AmandaHoyt said...

Oh, Mel, I am so sorry that you had to have such an awful experience but Praise the Lord for your loving family!


Greg and Lauren said...

Hi Melanie! I saw your comment on "My Charming Kids Page" about your loss and diagnosis with a bicournate uterus. I too have a bicournate-and my husband and I have been through a miscarriage as well...very similar to your story. I want you to know, to never give up on your Faith...that God does bless us with miracles, even through all of the pain. When I miscarried... I felt empty, mad, alone and very outraged. But, I turned to God, my husband and Family for strength and prayed for when we started to try again for another baby...that he would protect it and be with me...and HE DID! Never give up and know He is always with you. You are in my prayers.
Lauren B.