Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quiet Time with God

Ladies... Do I have your attention?? I hope so...

I met a lady in 2004 before I became a Christian and I am telling you that the Lord had picked out this sweet lady in order for me to understand and start being my "husbands help meet." She was a lady in my church in NY that was starting a Bible Study for woman. She named it the Titus 2 Bible Study. I was not sure at first about it as it was described as "3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:3-5

In Nov. of 2004 I accepted my Lord & Savior and from there I decided to join this Bible Study. I remember how my life was at that time, how my marriage was on the rocks, but I was finally understanding that God was the center of our marriage and that thru Him all things are possible.

My heart was hard once I started this Bible study as I my marriage was hurting from many issues. One thing that I learned alot from Margie was how to come to the Lord and have your Quiet Time with Him!

I want to share the way she taught me and others:

Day 1 - Psalms (read a chapter from Psalms)

Day 2 - Confession (confess 3 things or more to Him)

Day 3 - Old Testament (read a chapter from the O.T.)

Day 4 - Thanksgiving (thank Him for any praises, etc.)

Day 5 - New Testament (read a chapter from the N.T.)

Day 6 - Requests (prayer requests for yourself or others)

Day 7 - Proverbs (read a chapter from Proverbs)

Day 8 - Listen (wait patiently and listen for Him)

She also writes:

*Keep it like an appointment, because it is!

*Guard it as a date with your lover, because it is!

*Keep Bible, pen, notebook, coffee/tea cup, reading glasses & shawl together in your "closet."

*Journal - date, section, a few key thoughts at least to help you focus and remember.

*Jot down any distracting thoughts in margin of journal.



I hope that this helps each one of you in your walk with the Lord. When I accepted Him into my heart I didn't know if I was praying right... I know there is no such thing as how to pray but this gave me light and till this day I can say that I am learning so much!

God bless all of you...

~i~ Melanie

5 comments:

Abbie Burnham said...

Melanie,

Beautiful post! That is a really interesting Quiet Time method - I want to try it now.

I made the header in Photoshop. I wanted something Valentine's, since that's my birthday and it's coming soon!

Aspiemom said...

Very good points!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

ahh how sweet is that.

Abbie Burnham said...

Any news yet?

Amanda Hoyt said...

Hi Mel,
Thanks for posting this. It looks like a great way to get into the Word.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda