Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

We had a very quiet Thanksgiving this year which was crazy for me because I miss my family. Being a military wife is not easy but I knew what I was getting into when I married my love. So since we have two dogs our plans were to go to Texas where my family is at and my husbands two boys but the plans got canceled because of a big 60 lb dog that we have that probably wouldn't behave and it was too late to get him to a doggie daycare so we camped out here in Missouri! It was really quiet but I made "pernil (pork)" and my cousin and his wife made the turkey. We are Puerto Rican so pork is the main meat we eat on pretty much EVERY occasion! It was my 1st time making it and I also made a Pumpkin Cake. It was D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!!!

So my Thanksgiving was quiet! I woke up and gave thanks to my Heavenly Father and I've also came up with a song that has just flowed out of my mouth (To be continued on a later post!)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I hope your holiday was good even though it was different than what you are used to. I can't wait to hear the song that God has given you... :-)

Allisyn said...

Boy am I glad to see your post today.. I have been checking your blog and you have had no updates :( glad to see that everything is ok and you were just out of town. Read you on the flip side. take care little one

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

ok but i'm sure that pork was good! no turkey? lol happy holiday! love the new blog set up lol is it gonna change again tomorrow. go you with the devo thats awesome! GO GOD!! LET HIM SPEASK TO YOU AND ALWAYS PUT YOU IN A GOOD MOOD!

Amanda Hoyt said...

Hi Mel,
Sorry you couldn't make it to TX last week but I'm glad you had a good day.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda
P.S. what song?? :)